Certified Productivity Specialist
The following instructions will assist you in complying with the requirements for this designation. Providing us with complete and legible data will enable us to perform our verification and decision making tasks as expeditiously as possible.
If at any step in the process you have a problem, contact the Association or your company’s delegate to the APS. You may print this page to use as a checklist for completion of your application. After completing each of the items on this check list, return to this page to complete the next item on the list.
- Read the Criteria thoroughly.
- Carefully read the Code of Ethics and Conduct of the APS.
- Prepare a detailed written case history describing a recent project with which you were involved. The client must remain anonymous. Legibility is extremely important. Typed is preferred. The length should range from 1,000 words to no more than 3,000 words. In addition to being used as an indication of your knowledge of the business, we hope to receive usable material on those subjects that will be valuable in future APS write-ups and programs.
- Complete the Certified Productivity Test. Click the link for the Certified Productivity Test to download the exam in Microsoft Word Format. Complete the exam using Microsoft Word, and upload the file with your application. Answers to all questions on this certification exam must reflect the candidates knowledge in productivity, productivity improvement, productivity implementation and savings calculations, among other topics. It is through their experience in the productivity consulting arena that this will typically be achieved. Answers to any question obviously from a dictionary or which show lack of knowledge in this aspect of the consulting business will not be allowed. These answers will be graded as incorrect.
Merit Recognition Program Fee Schedule
All Merit Recognition applicants must be registered via one of the various registration methods. Registration methods and fees are covered in the Regulations and Fees of Registration of the Bylaws of the Organization The fee structure for the Merit Recognition Program is as follows:
- Application Fee – $100.00 (USD) for the Certified designation, $200.00 (USD) for the Advanced designation and $400.00 (USD) for the Masters designation. which must be paid by the individual. This may be reimbursable or not, and is dependent upon the applicants employer. In the event that Merit Recognition is denied. 50% of this will be reimbursed.
- Maintenance Fees – Each individual for their designation to be continued on a yearly basis must remain an individual member, either as an employee of a Member Firm, or as an Individual Member. Currently, individual membership fees are $35.00 per year.