Applicants must be an Individual member with the Association and must comply with the requirements described below:
- Educational Achievement
Proof of sufficient formal or practical education, both in quantity and quality.
- Formal Education – A bachelor’s degree or equivalent from an accredited college or university.
- Practical Education – Applicants without degrees may substitute or augment their formal education with practical education derived from business service. This practical education requires any two-year combination of:
- Formal college education.
- Productivity Specialist experience.
- Business experience in a supervisory or management position.
- Experience Versatility
Proof of achievement of the following requirement.
- A variety of assignments in different areas such as manufacturing, administration, service, support function, warehouse, retail, engineering, maintenance, process industries, personal service, transportation, commercial, financial, government, agricultural, or sanitation, etc. The individual must have experience in a minimum of three such areas.
- Execution Ability
Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the profession, ability to design and install and general proficiency as a Productivity Specialist.
- Written Test – A written test must be taken under the auspices of the APS. This test consists of a series of questions, all of which must be answered.
- Case History – Each applicant must submit a detailed written case history of a recent project that they connected with, describing the program(s) installed and their own involvement. The client name should be omitted.
- Personal Interview – Each candidate must be interviewed by a panel of peers who will examine the candidate’s knowledge and understanding of the profession as well as their willingness to accept the responsibility of certification.
- Ethical Oath
An assurance from the applicant that the APS Code of Ethics will guide performance in the future and that they are prepared to conform to all covenants. This oath will be recorded in the form of a signed pledge.